Spontaneous Super Smoothies
This is a great recipe for any berries and bananas left around the kitchen when you need a healthy fruit boost. I used fresh blueberries but frozen berries would work just as well. Working at a desk all day can be particularly repetitive and tiresome. Why not prep one of these in the morning for breakfast or to take to work for a delicious and wonderfully nutritious lunchtime treat?
Blueberry, Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana (or overly ripe if you have them)
- A generous handful of blueberries
- 100ml milk
- 100ml greek/greek-style yoghurt
- 1/2-1 tbsp of peanut butter (add to taste)
- a) Put all the ingredients in smoothie maker and blend until smooth b) Put all the ingredients in a pyrex jug (or a similarly sturdy container) and use a stick blender, blitzing until smooth.
- Refrigerate or drink straight away with some ice to keep it nice and chilled!
- Try making this with fresh or frozen fruit and different varieties of berries.
- Other nut butters could be used instead - Almond is my particular favourite.
- For dairy-free alternatives try using Soya Milk and Coconut Yoghurt such as CO YO.